An actor is someone who plays a character in film, television, radio, or theater productions. You may not know this, but there is an actor inside of you. He or she shows up multiple times every day. You play roles. You assume different character. You will change yourself into different states of being in order to accomplish your goals.
Have you ever lied to anyone, if your answer is “YES”, then it mean that you were acting to make him or her believe you were not lying. However if your answer is “No”, then you are acting now. The fact is, we all have lied at some point of time in our life, and we have little acting skills within us.
Ask the below questions and you would know the undiscovered actor in you.
- Do you behave the same when you are at home, office or in public?
- Do you become the real you at home and you behave differently in public?
- Do you eat the same way when you are at home and in a 4 or 5 star restaurant ?
- Do you suddenly change the way you walk or talk when you see a handsome guy looking at you?
- Do you inhale deep and walk tall when a pretty girl pass by ?
- Do you carry yourself like a gentleman in public, when you actually NOT?
- Have you ever said “No” or “Yes” convincingly with all those expressions when you really wanted to say the opposite?
We all unknowingly act throughout our life. Most of us use acting skills on a daily basis without being aware of it. An actor is the one who make this a profession and master the skill. He keeps training himself and keep polishing his skills to make it look more and more realistic.
Acting is the simply the ability to call on different aspects of your personality, with different levels of energy, different emotional states at a specific time and place for a specific purpose.
If you’ve ever enjoyed a movie, been hooked on a TV show or been moved by a play, you’ve witnessed the power of acting.